WELCOME TO HIGH PARK-SWANSEA
Thinking about buying a home or condo in High Park? Check out all the reasons why I love this neighbourhood and am thrilled to live near this special spot!
High Park runs west to Clendenan, east to Dundas, north to Annette and south to Bloor Street. It closely borders the areas of Bloor West Village, The Junction and Roncesvalles.
The culture in High Park is recreational in nature, due to it’s proximity to the city’s largest park. Many residents take advantage of the park’s running & biking trails, the outdoor rink and pool, the tennis courts, the Jamie Bell adventure playground and the High Park Zoo. High Park also has a great Little League program that includes instructional programs for little ones as young as 5 yrs to house league and rep programs for the more seasoned players up to 12 yrs.
Due to the number of apartment buildings and condos in the High Park area, there is also a larger number of rental opportunities in this neighbourhood than some of the other west end neighbourhoods.
- Keele Street Public School (JK-6)
- Mountview Alternative Junior School (JK-6)
- Indian Road Crescent Jr. P.S. (JK-6)
- Runnymede Junior & Senior Public School (JK-8) (french immersion)
- St. Cecilia Catholic School (JK-8) (french immersion)
- Humberside Collegiate Institute (9-12) (french immersion)
- Western Technical-Commercial School (9-12)
- Ursula Franklin Academy (9-12)
- THESTUDENTSCHOOL (11-12)
LOCAL HOT SPOTS
This stretch of Bloor Street is primarily occupied by High Park. There are a few local watering holes around Keele and Bloor, but most residents take advantage of the proximity to Bloor West Village, The Junction and Roncesvalles Village.
- Restaurants – The Grenadier Restaurant, The Thai, Lunch Box, King Slice, Ravi Soups, Aztec’s Mine, Viajero Cantina,
- Bars – The Bar With No Name, Whelan’s Gate, Mackenzie’s, The Mugshot Tavern, The Wicket,
- Coffee Shops/Cafes – Hula Girl, Outpost Coffee Roasters, Hannah’s Cafe and Bakery, The Merseyside,
High Park is serviced by the High Park, Keele and Dundas West subway stations, as well as the Bloor, Annette and Keele buses. It is also easily accessible to the Gardiner Expressway and Lake Shore Boulevard.
WHAT KIND OF HOMES WILL WE BE LOOKING AT?
High Park primarily consists of 2 and 2.5 storey semi and detached homes on narrow lots, although there are some grand old homes on High Park Avenue that have been around since the area was developed in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. There are also a lot of high rise apartment and condominium buildings in the area, predominantly on Quebec, Pacific, High Park and Oakmount, between Bloor and Glenlake.